I was strolling through Whole foods yesterday looking for something new to try, and landed in the pasta aisle. I was checking out the Banza collection and saw the only kind of pasta I haven’t tried of theirs, Cavatappi.
Honestly, I’ve never even heard of Cavatappi until then lol. But I grabbed it to give it a go and I’m glad I did.
- 1 box of Banza Cavatappi
- So Delicious Dairy Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1/4 cup of Almond milk
- 1/4 cup of red onions
- 1/2 sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast, for more cheesy flavor (optional)
How To Make Vegan Creamy Cheesy Spinach Cavatappi with Seitan
- Cook Cavatappi according to package directions.
- Meantime, sauté red onions, mushrooms, garlic, etc in a skillet. Stir in flour and until blended; slowly add almond milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted
- Drain Cavatappi; stir into cheese mixture thoroughly until it’s kinda sticky.
- Scoop the pasta mix into a greased 13×9 baking pan. Feel free to add your topping and sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until for about 20-25 minutes or your desired texture/browning.